Monday, February 28, 2022

Food for Thought, Being in France

Photo by Brassaï, Paris, 1930s

Dream Journal Entry: February 28, 2022

I dreamed a lot about traveling and going different places. I think some of the time I am with my mother and at other time I was with Inara. During our travels, I ended up at some business, a bank maybe, and somehow I go in the middle of a heist. I tried to figure out how to get away from the situation. The details of this part are foggy and hard to remember.

There was a phone I had left somewhere and, when I returned, it was damaged. The earbuds weren't salvageable, but I hoped the phone was operable enough that I could at least transfer my contacts to a new phone. When I picked it up, the back with the battery was detached so I took both parts with me.

I then remember being given a new phone by Amrik. He has the same one but had already started using his. It looked very different to my old phone. It was much bigger and sort of resembled a larger calculator mixed with a tablet. I knew I was going to have to figure out how to use it, but thought if I could simply use it enough to make calls, that would be okay. 

I dreamed about being in France. I remember that I was concerned because I didn't speak the language there. I am apologizing as I am walking because I appear to be walking on the wrong side of the sidewalk. It was then that I noticed that people were speaking English here, so I didn't think it would be a problem as I didn't plan to be in France long. We were taken to some guy's house who has offered to let us stay and show us around a bit. 

I am being offered food, but I am given an entire skinned human head. I thought that for the French, brain probably wasn't all that unusual but I had never eaten brain before, so I was a little unsure. I had to do some prepping because it was given to me raw and uncooked. I worked at peeling away the flesh of the head to access the brain. Once I got to it, I think there was a distraction of some kind.

I ended up going outside and into the road where I remember petting the guy's dog as it crossed the street in front of me and a stopped car. I remember being concerned about having touched the dog with raw meat still on my hands but decided he would be okay. I went back into the house where I continued to prep the brains that was supposed to be my dinner and I hesitated, wondering if maybe I shouldn't be eating human brains and the implications it might have if I did. This part makes me think of the term "food for thought".

I see someone I identify as Orrin, someone I had a crush on a long time ago who was from New York. I find it curious that he is here in France as well and now he is seeing me look at him. I then realize I need to pee and I went to find the bathroom. The bathrooms here in France are very different to what I am used to and I am trying to figure out where to go and how. It was very confusing to me. I notice that there is a window between the bathroom and the living room and I see Orrin looking in watching me. I try to change position so I wasn't as exposed so I could find a way to relieve myself without being seen. The toilet was strange and there was a flow of water in a place that made no sense to me. I guessed it was some sort of bidet type thing. I finally relieved myself, but I wasn't sure I got it right.

Now I am seeing something about the guy who lives here and I think he is getting in trouble for something. Apparently he is an avid hunter. That is why everything he provided for food was raw meat related. He is now getting in trouble with the law for having hunted some sort of large bird. I am seeing dead carcasses of various animals hung upside down to drain the blood as hunters often do. I'm seeing small birds, a lizard of some sort and a quite large bird. I was guessing that maybe the large bird was an endangered species which is why he was getting in trouble now. I can't remember anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment