Monday, January 17, 2022

Two Keys

Dream Journal Entry: January 17, 2022

I dreamed so much, but only remember fragments after Inara's alarm on her phone brought me out of sleep abruptly.

There was a lot about moving out of an apartment. I was packing up things and wishing I didn't have so much stuff to deal with.  

I remember seeing an old classmate, Darren, in the building. Apparently he lives here, too. He is talking about how everyone I meet thinks that I am kind of prickly. I was surprised people would say that. He indicated that maybe I was unaware of how I came across to people, but almost everyone thinks the same. 

The scene jumps and now I am in a wheel chair and my partner is pushing me forward. I seem to be trying to poop where I am sitting. My partner has to take me to a large work thing he has to attend. I am seeing an attractive long blonde haired Asian guy in front of us. Everyone there thinks it is very unprofessional that he has brought me and my dog. My dog was barking and not very friendly. I seem to recall a little boy flipping off the dog.

The scene jumps and now I am back in an apartment building on someone's patio outside. I was talking to other people. One of the people I identify being out here with me was Ziba. She was wearing a strange sort of deep red veil over eye area but it didn't actually obscure her eyes. It only his what makeup she might have been wearing underneath. It is nighttime. Out of nowhere and with no warning, there was a fiery tornado that came through destroying everything in its path. I was standing directly in it's path, but somehow was unhurt by it as it carved out a fiery path as it went through.


There were more scenes of packing things. I went down a few levels to someone's apartment that was at ground level. I seem to know them. I think I have come down here to act as a caregiver for someone while the others step out for a little while. I was marveling at how bright their apartment was and how much sunshine they got. My apartment was designed exactly the same and was just a few levels above this one, but was so shady and grey compared to theirs.

Oddly, there were two apartments connected. It was like a duplex, but it was completely open. Where there would normally be a shared wall, there was none. The two sides were set up similarly and were quite spacious. It was hard to tell when I had accidentally gone into the other person's apartment. I know there are bits here that I have forgotten. There were some interactions with the person who I am sort of here for, but I can no longer remember what happened or what was said.

At one point, a long haired woman who looks part Asian comes in looking for one of the female people who live here who is her friend. She told me her name and told me to tell her friend that she went on a date with Kevin last night. The person I was watching was the brother, so I told him about the woman who stopped by, but could no longer remember her name, only that she said she had gone on a date with Kevin last night.

The scene jumps and I am seeing something about a backpack/bag being bought from an old woman in a park. These people had come to this apartment and broken in to find something. It turned out that there was a lock on the backpack and they were trying to find the key that goes to it. I was hoping they wouldn't hurt us so I tried to be cooperative. They were looking for a poem I had written for my sister on a piece of paper. I told them I think I could find it and set off looking in a specific location. I pulled out a piece of paper and unfolded it. Written on the page was a poem and taped to the two upper corners were two small keys like that for a personal diary. I handed the piece of paper to one of the guys who was holding a hammer and waiting to see if he would hurt me or let me go. I woke at that point and lay there trying to think of poems I had written that might have mentioned the word "key" twice.


Key key my playmate, 
Come out and play with me 
And bring your spirits three 
Climb up my apple tree 
Slide down my rainbow 
Into my cellar door 
And we'll be jolly friends 
Forever evermore! 

Key key my playmate 
Come out and dance with me 
Put your troubled mind at ease 
Set your imprisoned heart free 
Bring out your wisdom 
Let your truths be told 
Destroy each fear you have 
A bright future will unfold.

Oktobre Taylor
Written November 17, 2019
(My altered and expanded version of a children's rhyme originating in the 1940s)



Alice met a brown bunny 
Whose name was Petar Pan 
It started kind of funny 
Until misunderstanding began 
Next came A. Binary Bird 
Who was quite a ravenous reader 
He never actually said a word 
And thought her a verbal bleeder 
He flew away in the night 
Never to be seen again 
But Aurora was a welcome sight 
A dear friend to help her mend 
Kevins led her to a double door 
Which opens with a double key 
Hatter has her heart for sure 
In him, "home" is what she sees

Oktobre Taylor
Written May 25, 2019

***All images are of paintings by William Hawkins

No comments:

Post a Comment