Thursday, January 13, 2022

In The Wrong Closet

Man Ray, Silhouette of Lee Miller in Marseilles, 1930

Dream Journal Entry: January 13, 2022

I dreamed that I and another person had been staying in a hotel but it was time for us to leave. I was working hard to gather all of our belongings, which were a lot, to leave. I was feeling concerned that it might not all fit, but considered if I took it out of the boxes and stacked it inside the car one thing at a time, more would fit. We were moving to a permanent location. I wanted to see if we could stay another night, but we couldn't, so I had to hurry to get everything out in time. 

As I was preparing to leave, I saw how someone had made cake from a mix and left pieces of it behind inside the box. 

I saw a scene about two closets and someone is saying that they made a mistake putting this person in the wrong closet. One closet was shallow and had cleaning supplies, but the closet someone had been put into was deep and had stairs going down. I saw a white crumbling skull on a lower shelf and heard that the person who had been put in here didn't die, but now wanted revenge.

I think this dream is about accumulated baggage leaving us, and, in this case, it was quite a lot. Among the items being packed away and moved to a new permanent location were several bags of white flour and other items for baking. Everything from conversations we have to our creations can be seen as food we make that feeds us and others, so, some sort of food I have been making was no longer going to be made.

The two closets made me think about how the shallow one with cleaning supplies would have been easy to find the person again when they needed them to perform a cleaning task. We can clean by communicating our feelings effectively and some parts of us are better suited for the task than others. The closest they had been put in they got lost in and forgotten about. Somehow they survived it, but now there was this part that wanted revenge for having been locked in there for so long.

I used to have moving dreams all the time, but haven't had one for awhile until last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment