Thursday, April 7, 2022

Dreaming From Within Dave Grohl

Photo by Oliver Schmidt

Dream Journal Entry: April 7, 2022

I think I dreamed from within Dave Grohl last night. I have suspected this was happening, but I wasn't sure until the clues from last night. I have previously dreamed about Dave Grohl but not dreamed AS him. 

In the dreams from last night, there was a female doctor, who I have apparently seen before for some ear problems. She is saying, "So you are going deaf. I agreed that it seemed I was losing my hearing. This is the part that was the clue about who I was seeing from inside. Apparently Dave Grohl has lost a lot of his hearing due to the loud music he is around a lot. I wouldn't register this fact until I woke and started thinking about it all.

The doctor wants me to come with her to her home for some reason. She is very concerned about my problem. At her home I meet her husband and son. Her son has ginger hair and it still young but not a baby. After a little while, other people arrived at her house and it feels like maybe we are watching something. Eventually, I need to leave and she gives me a 3 ring notebook that is apparently mine and my file about me and my condition, but somehow in the confusion with all the people, she handed me a second notebook that had actually belonged to her husband. I hadn't noticed either and simply made my way out and started walking.

I couldn't remember where I was or where I needed to go. It feels like I am in a city and there is a highschool letting out. The kids I see are all black teenagers. I started to head left hoping that none of them would give me any trouble, but one tall guy who doesn't actually look like he is in school notices me. I started to walk faster, but he easily caught up to me and took from me what I was holding. He didn't care about the notebook with my information and went straight for the the second notebook that belonged to the husband. Apparently what was being kept inside was baseball related...some sort of collectibles and what he had was valuable. The guy takes a handful of the papers/collectibles and leaves the rest on the ground. I collect the notebooks and kept going.

I remember seeing some sort of statues in front of a large building. It felt familiar, like I had been by there earlier, but I still had no idea which way I needed to go. I was wishing someone I knew who knew their was around was with me, but I was on my own and trying to figure it out.

It feels like I ended up at some mall where a movie was being shown that many people wanted to see, but not everyone could afford it. There were intricate displays related to the movie. It feels some of them were fairytale related but I can't remember specifically which fairytales. There was a smaller TV screen playing the movie outside in the theater lobby so that the people who couldn't afford to see the high-end high definition version could still see in in a lower quality. I lingered outside until I noticed a large group of people had gathered. I noticed that they were all sort of misfits and rebels.

The scene jumps and now I am seeing a boat and think "slow boat to china". It seems to have food on it. I was saying that I can't imagine I would want to be on that boat, but then all of a sudden, I am on that boat. The boat is taking a turn because another very large ship is about to hit us so we were trying to get out of the way. The boat was taking on water and starting to sink. I swam in the water until a police boat picked us up, but then the police boat started to sink as well. I eventually made it to the shore.

I'm trying to find my way to somewhere familiar but I am having to navigate through the docks and am walking through what seems like a warehouse. There are people being kept in here who had been caught by immigration trying to illegally immigrate via some of the boats. I noticed a woman in a cage with twins and then a Chinese woman is talking to me. She is crying and wants my help to get out of here. I told her I was sorry that I didn't know anything about illegal immigration, only the legal kind. I told her that I didn't think I could help her.

I think I woke up there.

__________________

Comments:

In the dream, something valuable was taken from me but it didn't specifically belong to me. Water is about emotions and in the dream we could see that every boat was sinking. 

Being that I know that Dave Grohl is grieving over the loss of Taylor Hawkins, it is easy to match the sinking boats with his feelings of being weighed down with grief. Even those wanting to come to rescue him were caught up in the same grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment