Monday, April 18, 2022

Dear Universe


Dear Universe,

I'm asking...no, begging...for a partner who isn't a wall of silence anytime I say something. I want a partner who actually shows signs of hearing me and actively engages in dialogue with me.

While my dog was in surgery today, he sat pecking away at the computer, watching movies, and the space she left allowed me to realize just how lonely I feel without her and how devastated I'm going to be when she leaves me.

I sat anxious and worrying about how my dog was doing in surgery because it seemed to be taking longer than what they had said it would take. He couldn't even muster a grunt anytime I spoke to him, not even when I told him they had to extract most of her teeth.

Dear Universe, 

Please help provide the means and opportunity for me to free myself from this "marriage" that feels more like a prison sentence than a partnership.

Sincerely,

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment