Friday, October 23, 2020

Twin Soul Unions

Mahina and Lulu

Today I was having a conversation with a friend and it is within conversation that I often come to important realizations. Today was no exception.

This was the start of our conversation. My comments are in color with typos and hers are in white. 😁



Many people believe that twin souls/twin flames are two halves of a whole. I don't adhere to this way of thinking. 

During our conversation, I described two instances in which dogs I had seemed to have an instant soul recognition with another dog they just met and couldn't stop kissing them. These were dogs that were typically not very friendly with other dogs. With the right ones, it was instantaneous.

In my 52 years of life, I have connected to so many wrong people...wrong potential partners. I haven't really had good ones. I can find positives in just about anyone, but no one that makes me want to run up and kiss them and kiss them due to energy/soul recognition and never want to let them go. 

The ones I thought were "good" I was simply romanticizing. I believed (falsely) that they were better than they actually were.  I used to spend a lot of time living in the past and the "what ifs". 

I could make old flames out to be these magnificent people by focusing on the positives and projecting onto them who I believed them to be. If only I hadn't been commitment phobic.  If only I hadn't moved away. If only I had called him back and not lost touch. If only, if only, if only... 

So, when I got in touch with an old flame after all those years, I had this false image of him in my mind. I projected onto him who I believed him to be and he definitely puffed himself up to keep up that false belief. I eventually met up in person with the old flame. What I believed and what was true were two very different things. That was obvious in the in-person meeting which I couldn't have known otherwise by simply talking in text, phone conversations and online.

I can be very forgiving and I can overlook things to a point it is a detriment to myself. Thankfully, the old flame rejected me. In that rejection, it catapulted me into my self-love journey because I fought back and wouldn't accept his rejection as meaning there was something wrong with me. Where once I would take it personally and think there was something inherently wrong with me, I now was putting the responsibility back in the lap of who it belonged to. I didn't know about mirrors back then, but certainly he was a shadow, a mirror, that had come to send me on a crash course into self-love and self-discovery.

This journey I have been on has given me the ability to recognize energy better and not overlook so much. It has helped me recognize my own value. It has helped me get to know myself so deeply that I know my own energy extremely well.

I think, maybe, twin soul/flame unions are considered so rare because we often remain too fragmented to ever truly know our own energy enough to find a match. We are too busy cutting parts of ourselves off to fit someone else.

The journey, if done correctly, restores the parts of us we have cut off or given away and allows the parts of us to fall away that were put there as a defense system or coping mechanism that was never really who we were at our core. It restores confidence and releases insecurities that are the root of so many relationship problems. It gives us tools for communication, discernment, recognition, boundaries, and ending destructive patterns. It brings us back to self love and balance. It teaches us how to both give and receive and seek out relationships with those who can also both give and receive easily.

"Twin" isn't about being two halves of a whole but being two wholes with matching energy.

If we don't know our own energy or who we are, we will never be able to recognize someone whose energy so closely matches our own that they could be considered a "twin". 

If the energy we are in is someone we don't like, would we really want to connect with the matching energy of that? That is why we have to grow, expand, change and call back to us who we were always meant to be. When we become someone we fall in love with AND can recognize our own energy match in another, then we are ready for a physical union with someone.

Anyone has the potential to be a match if their energy lines up and matches our own. Most people who think they are with their twin actually are with a mirror, a shadow. Yes, love your shadows but know when to let them go, too. Letting go with love and appreciation for the lessons gained has been a huge part of the journey for me, a difficult and painful part, but a very necessary one. So often we love people who really aren't very good for us. Fully loving yourself is knowing when to walk away and let the connection go.


I was thinking about the reference to ultraviolet from my dreams and what it could mean. The main thing that comes to mind right away is how there are some rocks and minerals that look completely different under ultraviolet light. What once looked ordinary under normal light, looks extraordinary under ultraviolet light. Perhaps the meaning is that the so called "twin flame journey" or what I like to call "the journey back to self" gives us new eyes to see each other with. No longer are we satisfied seeing with our eyes alone. Now we see with what we feel, what we sense, what we hear and what we know. We see with observation of actions and behaviors. We see with signs, syncs and inner guidance. 

A person most people see as "nothing special" we can now easily see as a rare extraordinary magical creature to be revered. Someone we might have overlooked before we started the journey back to self, we can now see with with "ultraviolet light" vision and recognize the extraordinary beauty of their energy, mind and heart.


When we come to the completion of the "twin flame" journey, we should finally be healed, whole, and developed enough that we can enter a healthy and successful relationship with someone who has also reached the same level of growth and development.

It is there "happily ever after" can truly begin.

*Mineral Images borrowed from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment