Saturday, May 28, 2022

Keanu Reeves, a Fictional Character

I originally published this on Instagram August 4, 2018. I reread it today and feel it deserves a place here on my blog, as well.


Dream Journal Excerpt: November 24, 2014 

I find myself out back in the yard and it is surprisingly cute and well maintained. It is fenced off so that the dog didn't wreck the nice green bits. I remember seeing short wire fencing around the green. I stumble and nearly fall upon a huge silver sword that is sticking up at an angle out of the ground. One side was serrated. I move away and bump into a motorcycle and it starts to fall over but thankfully the fencing kept it from falling over completely and I stood it back up. It was yellow, I think. I went back inside and was totally impressed by his cute little yard. He is talking to the dude I was with and I sit near my "uncle".

Comments:

Dear Keanu,

Fame...like the sword in my dream is double edged. 

I see you....the "you" you try to keep concealed. 

You spend all day pretending to be a character someone else created as part of your job. And then at the end of the day, you put on the fictional character YOU created...the "nice guy". You have become so well known for that role too. 

Sometimes you break character and I see you remember yourself to keep up the ruse, the persona, the face you wear for them.

"Jesus fucking Christ!" you declared in exasperation.

For a moment you got real. For a split second you broke character and let the mask slip, but then you quickly tried to regain your character and composure because cameras were rolling.

They are always rolling around you, aren't they?

In those moments you gave a part of yourself away. You gave them your voice and your power.

And so you perform like a monkey in the circus.

It is exhausting and lonely, isn't it? You long to be who you really are inside. You can feel that person clawing you from the inside desperate to get out and be known.

Don't you think it is time to step into who you really truly are? Drop the masks. 

Be raw. 

Be real. 

Be authentic. 

Be you.

#keanureeves #fame #doubleedgedswords #masks #iseeyou #beyourself #naked #exposed #real

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmFc3GMAMIG/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

No comments:

Post a Comment