Thursday, November 19, 2020

Dream Excerpt: U-turns


November 19, 2020

I dreamed I was in New York again, only I was on the island part of it in a park on a hill where I could see a good distance. I remember feeling like I had been there before, but now it was a little bit hazy so you couldn't see as far as you might normally if it was clear. 

I remember driving through an intersection and going up a hill thinking I would be able to get where I wanted to be from that direction, but as I came up the hill, I saw that it dead ended and there was a giant u-turn for traffic. I heard, "It will continue to be a u-turn until you get the lesson."

Photo by Nick Hannes

Comments:

It is pretty obvious to me what the excerpt means that I included here.

For me, New York represents "the big apple" and apples represent heart, so this is talking about someone with a big heart and someone is feeling a little hazy. Things aren't quite clear to them and they can't see that far ahead.

The second part speaks of navigating the journey back to self and not completing a lesson and having to go back to it whether you want to or not. The journey dead ends until you get specific lessons and then the path will open up and you can move forward again.

I talked about this with a friend in how I totally fucked up in one situation, so the lessons I was supposed to get with that person moved to a new person I would come to later. I don't get to bypass the lessons I'm supposed to get, they boomerang back to me through other people. 

It happens to all of us. If we want to keep moving forward and not keep having to turn around for the lesson, it is best to confront what might be difficult to face and learn from repeating experiences so we can finally have the path open up us.

The spiritual journey isn't easy because we have to come to a point of being really honest about where we are challenged and where we need to grow. I can always tell when a lesson is coming back to me that I might have failed at before and I try to make different choices going forward. Admitting our mistakes and apologizing isn't always easy. It takes swallowing a lot of pride and doing what we know is right and what we would want in return. 

Have you been finding yourself turning down u-turn only streets?

Art by Catrin Welz-Stein

Recognize the patterns and start making different choices so that you can unlock illumination and the path forward that is hidden behind a hidden gateway.

No comments:

Post a Comment