Sunday, November 22, 2020

Dream Excerpt: The Annunciation

"The Annunciation by Frederic James Shields

February 27, 2019

Just before I woke I heard, "He sacrificed her for you." I then saw a sword stab and go through all the pages of an open book. I couldn't tell you what kind of book it was, just that it was thick and had calligraphy style writing on it. And at that point I heard, "Mary, a boy child will to be born to you..."

The Annunciation by George Lawrence Bulleid

January 6, 2013 

Julie called me last night to tell me that for two nights in a row she had dreams about me having a baby boy named Reed. I had to laugh and think that was kind of freaky. I had my own interesting dream. I can't remember well the details but will try to recall what I can. I seem to recall being somewhere and dancing or doing some kind of acrobatics. It was kind of like aerial dancing only without the fabric. Anyway, there was some guy there. I think I liked him and then we started to lay down where we were to have sex, but then there was some woman who I believe he had been seeing who was next to us which caused us to stop for the moment. I think I knew who "he" was in the dream, but for the life of me, I can't recall who he was supposed to be. Somehow I knew this was the father of the son that would be born to me. It was so weird. Anyway, the dream changed and I saw stars....bright stars. I knew one was the father and the lower one the son. There was something special about the alignment and how the son was "come to Earth" in its alignment. And I knew that the "son" was coming to Earth to be my child. At one point the stars changed to people. People were really excited about the star coming to Earth. It was a wild dream and I'm not sure what it all means. I laid there thinking about it all and trying to process it and kept wondering who the father was.



When my daughter was 4-years- old, she randomly started drawing me with a baby in my tummy. The little man flying around beside me is a spirit. I have to believe that she intuitively knew something I didn't at the time. I don't think there is a literal pregnancy, but an energetic one.

Madonna and Child. By William Adolphe Bouguereau. 

I've had lots and lots of dreams about giving birth to a baby boy. I have had dreams that I was pregnant as well. I have been pondering all of the different possible symbolic meanings of these dreams. 

The obvious symbolism is the birth of a project or idea that involves two people. Fertilization requires two energies coming together. But what determines if fertilization takes and conception begins? Not all energies that come together conceive.

I have tried to decide if I would be portrayed as someone with a lot of children in dreams or only one. I work with a lot of people through communication. My creations are often inspired by my conversations, but only one has been the muse to inspire most of my current beautiful and heartfelt poems. Those are my heart child born from love. My other creations, my blog posts and musings are born from a desire to grow, heal, and understand me.

I do think that I have had to rebirth parts of me that had died off which could be part of the meaning of some dreams.

Virgin Mary and Child by R. Ansigni

I still believe there are symbolic meanings to birth, pregnancy and children in dreams that I don't fully understand yet, but I trust it will be made clearer eventually.

What children have you birthed recently through the coming together and partnership of another?

No comments:

Post a Comment