Tuesday, November 10, 2020

An Unforgettable Love

"One day you will ask me which is more important? My life or yours? I will say mine and you will walk away not knowing that you are my life. "

Khalil Gibran

Art by Ibuki Satsuki

The night before last, I dreamed about crystals that were made of salt. Some were natural clear shards but some of them were shaped into different things. The one that interested me most was a little pink elephant. I considered the symbolic meaning of this might be "an unforgettable love" since elephants are said to remember and pink is the color of the inner heart. 

Art by Ibuki Satsuki

You are an unforgettable love. I have tried so many times to forget you and yet my thoughts always come back to you. Maybe the elephant and crystals were made from the salt of my tears. Maybe it is saying you or me are "the salt of the earth".

Art by Ibuki Satsuki

Either way, whatever the meaning, it made me think of you. 

I miss you.

I love you... still.


2 comments: