Saturday, December 10, 2022

Escaping the Entertainment Maze

Art by kelogsloops

Dream Journal Entry: December 10, 2022

I dreamed that I was walking through a city. I can't say what city I was in. As I was walking, I decided to cut through a building that seemed sort of interesting. I thought I could easily pass through and keep going the direction I was headed, only once I was inside, I found it very difficult to find my way back out. There were lots of Asian tourists in this place and I had obviously hit a peak tourist point. I seem to have a female companion with me at times and I feel annoyed by her presence rather than comforted when I started to feel anxious that I couldn't seem to find an exit in this building.

I traverse different rooms in this building and each room had some sort of different theme of entertainment. Some had formal concerts being performed, one had rock bands, another room had high end dining. Yet another small room had a Santa/Christmas theme. In the center of the room was a display of things being given away. Most of the items were eggs. I had several but noticed a green spotted egg that had been part of a display scene that I wanted and worked to take to put in my bag. I decided to take several eggs out that were all the same. I seem to recall they were red in color. I think I might have kept a total of 3 eggs and left the rest for others to find.

When I got to the rock band section, I considered that the band had to be bringing their equipment in through an exit door and I tried to find that location but I couldn't seem to get to it. At one point, my companion tried to put a blanket around me when I was getting distraught about not being able to find my way out. It seemed like I was going to be forced to stay the night there and I didn't want to. It was then suggested that this place was actually a maze and I thought that must be exactly what it was, a maze designed to keep you there and that's why there were so many people still in the building. 

I was determined to keep trying to find a way out of this place and kept opening doors and venturing into different rooms when looking for the exit. We ended up going up a level and somehow ended up in an area that was outside but was a balcony on the building. There wasn't a gate to leave. I could see blue skies and thought I would just have to jump over the side to leave but that is when I noticed this place wasn't stationary, that it was actually moving. My companion jumped over the side and was running so that the momentum and speed at which the building was moving wouldn't kill her when she jumped to freedom. I wanted to do the same but I hesitated wondering if I would be able to gather enough speed I would need to keep from injuring myself. I had to hurry because the building was moving out of the daylight and into a tunnel so I moved to jump and considered I wouldn't have that far to go to get back into the light. I think I woke up there.

I remember another dream that thad to do with feeling like I had to catch a flight home and was worried that I wasn't going to make my flight if I didn't hurry.

I also remember something about me flying...not in a plane but just by thought and will. Once I was up high, I remembered that if I believed i was supported, I could stay up there and actually recline back and relax without falling.

Art by kelogsloops

In a different dream, I found myself in a Whole Foods. I was looking to see if they had my shampoo. I found the brand but it had hand lotion and a 2 in 1 shampoo conditioner that I wasn't interested in. I remember thinking that this store had changed a lot and that they had obviously gotten rid of a lot of the products they used to carry. I guessed that the reason was because people probably didn't shop there as much anymore. I was thinking about how I didn't really buy much from there anymore because it was all so expensive. Where there used to be product on shelves now was a big wide open empty space. I did notice that they had seating and I mentioned to someone that this actually might be a good place to meet up with people to have a chat because it was so quiet there. 

I left Whole Foods and was walking through the parking lot. There was someone at one of the entrances that looked like a Clown or a drag queen and they seem to be there to draw attention to the store to bring people in. Inara was intrigued by the person and sort of danced with them for a little while until I told her it was time to go and she needed to come with me. It was then I seem to be heading somewhere specific and I seem to have had some people stop and asked if they could give us a ride to my mom's house where we were staying. I've lost parts of this dream and can't remember many specifics.

No comments:

Post a Comment