Thursday, December 22, 2022

Lab Rats

Judith Beheading Holofernes
Painting by Artemisia Gentileschi

Here's the thing, "Kevin"...this was the last straw. You almost had me believing you were who you said you were,  but there were too many red flags suggesting otherwise. There were too many times I felt you did certain things just to push my buttons to see how I would react like I was a lab rat. 

Anything I might have felt for you, the you behind the character you were performing, died yesterday. Congratulations on repeating a pattern of self sabotage where you push people away through your own behaviors and then cry when they leave, "Everyone abandons me!' 

Maybe someone did abandon you once and left a gaping wound, but now you play it out over and over in your life. You keep playing out the same scenes because you are doing it to yourself. All of us do it...play out our wounds over and over, hurt ourselves and then claim someone else is doing it to us.... until we decide to heal.

I hope someday you choose to heal. I hope some day you stop pretending to be a host of different characters and finally figure out who you want to be and embody that person. I hope that person is a kind, compassionate and loving person and has the ability to consider if their actions and behavior would be that which they would want if roles were reversed. You know, treat others the way you would want them to treat you.

I'm not your therapist. It's not my job to heal you.

I'm not your mommy. It's not my job to mother you.

I'm not your anything....not even your victim because I willingly participated even though I knew it was a ruse. 

Kindly fuck off and don't come back trying to talk to me again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment