Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Showing Up


Here's the thing, Kevin, if you want to be seen as a "man" and not a "boy", you have to behave as a man would. A well developed and emotionally mature man wouldn't just disappear in mid conversation. A well developed and emotionally mature man would consider how he would feel in the situation if roles were reversed and act accordingly to how he would want to be treated

A well developed and emotionally mature man wouldn't just disappear and deactivate their account without explanation. 

I'm not a motherfucking yo-yo.

You keep treating me like a yo-yo, therefore I have no other option but to clip the string.

Do I love you? Yes, I do, but love isn't enough if action and respect isn't being reciprocated.

I love myself enough to walk away because you won't consistently show up for me and give me the same respect you would want from a partner.

I'm capable of loving you from a distance but alone and single since the situation seems to call for it. Unconditional love doesn't mean we have to stay and get treated "less than".

For the most part, no one comes here and this is for my own catharsis. But maybe you will wonder where I went to and stumble upon this blog post someday.

I have meant everything I have ever said to you. I have never lied, but Inara pointed out an important red flag. She wondered how you could have a good relationship with someone who lied as the foundation of the relationship, and that's a really good question. How can I trust you when you lied at the very beginning. Is anything you said to me even true? How am I to know?

If there isn't open, honest, and consistent communication in a relationship, that relationship will never last.

If there isn't respect and consideration for the other person's feelings, then it becomes a really toxic relationship very fast. That's not what I want.

If you won't show up for me and be consistent, fuck the hell right off. I deserve more than a pretty dick pic.

I stand alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment