Thursday, December 3, 2020

Forgetting

Art by Helena Nelson-Reed

It seems easier to forget, the older I get. Is it a blessing or a curse? Is it the natural decline of memory as the body I wear ages?

I like to think that, perhaps, it is simply a symptom of being more present and living more in the "now" moments. I spent so much of my life living in the past reliving all the trauma. I lived so much time in fantasies, wishes and what might be, what could have been, what will be.  Maybe I had to lose mental storage space and archives as a means of forcing me to be more present and focus on this moment, this day, this feeling, this experience.

It is easy to forget.

So easily all the hurts, betrayals, disappointments slip away from me now and all that I can remember at the end of the day is love.

I can remember love.

I remember you.

I remember that I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment