Sunday, June 5, 2022

Red Threads


There's a part of you
That no one else can see but me
A wispy, willowy sort of being 
Floating here and there 
Always seeking, searching
For a place to call home
A forgotten part of you
Cut away from the whole
Lost and all alone
But then one curious day
Your Spirit fell into my orbit
I woke up from a happy dream
Where Spirit filled me with love
But much to my dismay
I found myself now in a tangled mess
Red strings surrounded me
Threatening to become a noose on my neck
As I slowly untangled myself
As I moved to get myself loose
I found the red thread 
Was firmly attached to me
No matter the amount of cutting of cords
That one pesky red thread remained
Anchored into my heart
Like the roots of a tree
I tried and tried to free myself
Until I became positively bleu
At one point I stopped fighting
I laid there in a puddle of my own tears
The only one I wanted to be near
Is a formless, ghostly sort of being
Spirit is who I'm having a tender love affair with
A love blooming in my heart so dear
And what am I to do, because
That Spirit is also part of you
They say acceptance is key
And giving into the flow
But this River has been raging white rapids
There's danger of death by undertow
So if there is a second key
Like wearing a safety vest
Maybe you could help me out a little
So I can keep my head above the water 
While I accept this current situation
Until we make it to each other in the end
The River I'm in leads to the ocean
I'll be there with my head bobbing
I will wave a ball of red thread
So you know its me
And we can start our happily after
Where you say you lava me
And I say I lava you, too

Oktobre Taylor
Written June 5, 2022


I feel like I want to write, type as though you were sitting across from me and we were in conversation, but it's just not the same. I'm so tired of wishing for something solid, something real. When does the wish finally come true?


If I had my way, you would be in a body sharing space next to me. Instead you are still just in my dreams, so what am I to do?


My door is open. When you get here, come inside and make yourself at home. Careful not to hit your head in the wind chimes. Wrap your arms around me in a lingering, warm embrace. We'll laugh about all the times we didn't think we would make it through to this point of finally being together.


Maybe a bunny and a bear will finally get to sit quietly in front of a fire under a starlit sky. And when the coals all burn away and the birds start their morning songs, bunny will snuggle into bear and be ever so grateful for his existence.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment