Friday, February 21, 2020

Achieving Sacred Union


A lot of people who embark upon a spiritual journey start out in relationships. Often those relationships fall away due to the growth and change of one partner and the other not growing with them. The spiritual journey often leads to the destruction of the current relationship because who we were when we chose those partners dies and that layer of us falls away.

The spiritual community are big on promoting sacred union with your twin flame and for awhile, we look for some perfect partner that many believe is their other half of them.

If you have been on the spiritual journey long enough, you will hear people repeat over and over that separation with your divine counterpart is an illusion. Another common thing you hear is about focusing on the sacred union between our own inner masculine and feminine. Logically, I have always nodded and agreed but I didn't fully taste, feel and grasp it as something tangible. It was just this idea that was repeated.


I totally get that I am both masculine and feminine but my internal masculine didn't have shape or form that I could articulate and hold onto and so I was always looking outside myself for my sacred partner.

I think I have made a new breakthrough, recently, where I understand things I didn't before. My inner masculine had died long ago and was a spirit following me around hoping I would one day let him back in. I was operating from mostly distorted feminine energy. So it is no surprise that the partner I would choose prior to my spiritual awakening would be someone operating in distorted masculine energy. I chose someone who would say negative things about me because that is how I spoke to myself inside.

Recently, I was telling someone that our partner choices are a reflection of our own inner feminine or masculine and, if you don't like that partner very much anymore, you need to look inside and figure out how your own internal partner needs to change.

Guess what?

I have something exciting to tell you!


We get to build and design our perfect counterpart WITHIN OURSELVES. We get to become whatever we choose along the way as we grow and expand. I have only just realized that I have been doing this all along but simply didn't know that is what I was doing until now.

Each time I would be guided to a person and wonder, "Are you my partner?" I would explore the person and discover the qualities I admired and respected and I would absorb those qualities into the masculine I was building inside of me.

I was creating a Frankenstein creature of sorts because I took different parts from many to build a new masculine within me.

My inner masculine possesses Brandon Lee's poetic expression, charm, protectiveness, and loyalty; Dave Grohl's sense of humor; Deryck Whibley's perseverance; River Phoenix's sense of doing what is right for the whole, taking a stand for what he believes, and taking a more natural approach to living; Kurt Cobain's sensitivity and ability to infuse emotion into his creations; Laura Jane Grace's honesty, vulnerability and fearlessness to step into who she really is openly; Keanu Reeves' ability to not take himself too seriously and not take everything personally.

I am sure more and more desired qualities will be added to the "him" within me as I meet people who have qualities we admire and want to assimilate.

Now, why do you suppose all of this is important?


Know thy self.

As within, so without.

If you are hoping to eventually experience an external manifestation of the internal masculine or feminine you have created, it is pretty important to know your own inner masculine and feminine very well so that when you are faced with a masculine or feminine and are wondering if they are that manifestation, you can do a check list to see if inner and outer are lining up.

If you are finding the inner and outer aren't lining up, it is likely the outer is a lesson. If you truly love your inner you, you will let the outer person go as partner potential. We have to love ourselves and not to settle. We should never go into any relationship hoping to change someone. If they aren't matching up with our internal masculine or feminine, don't take that path that will only lead to misery and heartache.

I'm not saying someone who doesn't match up right now can't match up later. I am saying, don't linger on someone we hope will eventually change because that isn't honoring and loving to us or them. By all means, be a friend, get the lessons they hold, but, ultimately, we need to know ourselves well enough to not settle and wait indefinitely. Clear our heart, mind and path so that the outer manifestation of our internal partner can make their way to us. Let go of what doesn't serve our highest good so that what is trying to reach us can make it to us unimpeded.

What I know for sure is that my internal masculine and feminine communicate very well. He is not deceptive and doesn't play games. He has integrity, is open, honest, courageous, and expressive in his love and anyone that isn't like that will never make it into the inner sanctuary of our heart space.

No comments:

Post a Comment