Saturday, June 29, 2019

Clearing Space for New People, Homeschooling

Keanu Reeves (because I couldn't find a picture of Paul McCartney with full makeup)
Dream Journal Entry: June 29, 2019 Last night I dreamed about being in a house. There is a room I am inside and I was thinking I could make this room my own. I am seeing an older woman used to live here but now she has moved out to another space, yet her things are still here. The closet was full and it looks as though someone still lives here even though I know they don't. I decided I could maybe hang out there occasionally but I couldn't make it my own because of all of the other person's stuff.  
I remember someone playing some music. It was late 80s alternative and I started dancing to it. I was talking about how this is what I used to dance to when I would go out to the clubs. I look to the left and see a big pile of cassette tapes and grinned at the nostalgia of it all. I talked about how I remember how important my tape collection had been to me but I had thrown all of mine away a few years ago.  
For some reason I am seeing a young Paul McCartney. His hair is longer and he is wearing makeup and false eyelashes. I think he looks beautiful and I liked his look. I started thinking about how many of the people Inara likes to watch on YouTube are boys who are comfortable wearing makeup. I mentioned how we had our share of men in the 70s who were comfortable having more feminine looks and I considered that most of the celebrities I had crushes on back then could be considered more feminine, people like Shaun Cassidy, Andy Gibb and Leif Garrett.  
Steven Tyler
There were a few of us in a car...all females. We ended up driving somewhere. I think we are driving through town. We stopped and picked some extra girls and were trying to make room for them. Meghan got out of the car to make sure it was okay if the girls joined us, but then the driver started leaving without her. I was in the back seat with the young girls and was telling the driver that we would need to go back and pick up Meghan. I know there was more but I waited too long to write the dream down and can't remember now. 
Shaun Cassidy
Interpretation of the dream: 

This dream seems to be clearly illustrating how people can move out of our lives but have left an accumulation of stuff inside of us.

I want to move into the space, but there is no room for me to have permanent lodging there. Since it was mentioned I had already gone through a clearing of old things, the dream is showing me how someone who wants me to move in needs to do their own internal clearing to make room for me to stay there instead of just being a visitor.

The older woman's belongings might suggest it is baggage dealing with a mother or mother figure. Regardless of who it is connected to, the same thing needs to happen. The old needs to be discarded to make room for something new.

The scene with the car echos the idea of there not being any room for additional people and someone ends up getting left behind who is actually needed for the journey. It will be necessary to go back for her.

Whose belongings are you still carrying around with you internally that you need to let go of? An ex girlfriend or best friend? Is it the baggage from childhood and parents?

How will anyone who is meant for your highest good be able to move into your life if you haven't cleared out the space internally for them?

Andy Gibb
Inner dialogue triggered by the dream: 

Recently we went to see a sneak peek of the movie 'Yesterday', so it isn't really that surprising that Paul McCartney's likeness showed up in a dream. What was unusual was him being dressed in full makeup that we used to think was reserved for women.

One of the reasons why I love homeschooling my daughter is that I know my own influence will hold the most weight and stay with her through life. Her peers and teachers aren't the ones influencing her ideas and opinions. I am.

I have worked hard to help her develop compassion through teaching empathy. On a daily basis I help her navigate her relationships by asking her to consider how she might feel in the same situation if roles were reversed. I have worked hard to help her be inclusive of those who society often shuns and ostracizes. I teach her that those who are difficult and act out are usually the ones who actually need more of our love and understanding. Excommunicating people actually continues to damage already damaged people.

"Imagine how you would feel," I say to her frequently.

I teach her about gender variations and that love is love and it doesn't matter what gender a person is if we love them and we both want to be together. I explain that makeup doesn't have to be for only girls. Clothes are clothes and anyone who wants to wear a skirt, dress, etc should be allowed to do so comfortably.

Leif Garrett
I also explained the differences in body types because of biological anatomy. We simply have different needs but that there should be clothing options cut for all different body types and not based on gender. Do you have a penis and testicles? Well these pants over here might work better than those that were cut for people without them. There is a spacing issue to consider.

I teach my daughter to strive to be the highest version of herself she can be and no school or teacher with 30 students is going to give her THAT education.

If the children are our future, I take my job very seriously and want to help her be loving, compassionate, empathic, open, accepting and someone who steps in to take action to help when it is needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment