Friday, January 25, 2019

Dream Journal Entry: Acting, Taking a Closer Look

Art by Bape Ril
Dream Journal Entry:
January 24, 2019

I woke up with a horrible headache. After a few hours I had to lay down to try to sleep off the headache and try not to throw up.

What I remember of a dream during my nap was seeing me with my sister. I'm not sure where we were but I had been resting and I realized some eye piece, a loupe maybe, I used for one of my eyes to look closely at things I had fallen asleep wearing and it had popped out of my eye. My sister had borrowed it while I was sleeping.

There was something about a cut on one of my big toes. I want to say it was my left foot, but I can't remember clearly now. I pressed on the area to remove what I thought was puss that had formed and a small orange grub-like worm popped out when I applied pressure. I tried to grab it to get rid of it but was having trouble. I didn't want it to come back to me. I think I found what I thought was the worm, but on closer inspection, realized this one was yellow and not the same color.

Later i am looking for my eye piece again and ask my sister about it. She admits to borrowing it and points to the drawer it is in. Inside the drawer I find pieces to a hand held video camera. I try to put it together and brown liquid, maybe balsamic vinegar, is leaking out. My sister freaks out and takes it from me to try to dry it. I asked her if it was real. I had assumed it didn't work. She said it was real and that she hoped it wasn't damaged. She said she had borrowed it from the guy she was interested in. I am seeing him as African American mix with longer curly hair. He appears to be a waiter. I asked her if that was him and she nods. I have this sense that this guy is very spiritual and balanced.

The scene jumps a little and we are talking about where we are currently. Apparently there is acting going on everywhere. There was a central stage where a larger performance was being given and a tiny production off to what I perceived as my left. I was asking about that one and why they would bother with such a small audience. My sister was saying that was the neighbor's house and the the show was being performed for a charity type event for the police. It was for a good cause. I then saw the value in what the effort they were going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment