Friday, December 22, 2023

Limber Timber


Last night I listened to a video I made where I talked about a dream I had. As i listened, I thought, "I miss her."

I miss the one who used to talk about her dreams, wrote about all the things she was contemplating and wrote poetry about what she was feeling. I miss her dearly but I don't know how to bring her back.

The video was made September 9, 2022 before I went back to work. It feels like the other one exited when I had to go back to doing something for money instead of doing what feels good. There are advantages to having money for paying for the things we need, but when it's doing something that was never something I dreamed about, it's hard to get excited about it. It's just a task I do to make ends meet. It doesn't even pay enough for me to have the independence I would love to have.

Last night I dreamed about trying to nurse my daughter, but my breasts had no milk. In fact, they seemed to have become quite flat. I considered that I would have to work to try to bring the milk back.

I think the symbolism of this dream is talking about wanting to feed my inner child, but having nothing left inside. What I had to offer previously (writing, poetry, etc.) has dried up. I want to bring it back so I can feed myself, but it will take time and work towards that goal.

I don't know if I can bring it back. I want to, but it feels like part of me has died. Instead of healing on this spiritual journey, I feel deeply harmed by the last few years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment