Tuesday, September 21, 2021

E Is For ESPIRIT


For the longest time, until today, actually, I thought the brand name was ESPIRIT.  That is how I read it until today when I tried to look up to see if there was a meaning behind the word. Imagine my surprise to learn I had been reading part of the 'R' as an 'I'

I like the meaning of esprit and it describes you aptly.

es·prit

/əsˈprē/

noun

the quality of being lively, vivacious, or witty.

The reason why I thought of this today is because of a Facebook memory that popped up from 2013. 

Today is your Earth Birthday. I had forgotten that you are a Virgo, too. My life seems to be infested with Virgos.  🎶With a Virgo here and a Virgo there, here a Virgo, there a Virgo, everywhere a Virgo!🎶

To be honest, I don't think about you much. I have consciously tried not to.  But today, when I was reminded of your birthday, I had to admit to myself, and now you, that my life changed course because of you. You are an important part of my story and to leave you out would be leaving a hole, a gap. You helped shape the person I have become. You touched my life and it sent me on a quest where, in the end, I found myself.

Yes, you were just this dead kid who liked to get Inara's attention when she could still hear and see you, but your presence, your energy has been welcome, appreciated and cherished...even when I wanted to pretend you weren't there. You helped me laugh, relax, expand and grow. You helped restore my sense of humor that had died long ago. Thank you!

Happy Earth Birthday, E. We love you.




No comments:

Post a Comment