Sunday, September 24, 2023

Honesty

Photo by Inox Lord
 
For the past couple of days, I've felt near tears frequently. A song will play that makes me feel emotional; some words spoken hit me in such a way that I feel tears welling up spontaneously. I have no idea where this is coming from. I tell myself that maybe it's because it's the one year anniversary of Lily, my cat, dying. 

Everything makes me feel weepy, though, so I ask myself, "Is this even my own sadness I'm feeling?"

Is this your sadness I'm feeling? If so, why do you feel sad? 

If it's because you miss me, well, I miss you, too. I'm just waiting for you to decide to finally be honest with me, come to me as who you really are and open up to me. I don't hate you, even though you probably think I should. 

I love you still.

No comments:

Post a Comment