Thursday, November 11, 2021

A Knife as a Keepsake

 

Dream of the Endless by Colleen Doran with colours by Shane M. Bailey


I dreamed about Rob and Katie and somehow ending up inside their house. Rob is really upset about something, but I'm not sure what. He is complaining to Katie about some issue. There was more to this dream but I can no longer remember.

In a different dream, I ended up at some "cousin's" house. It is no cousin I know in real life. It feels I am much younger in the dream than in real life and the cousins are close to my age. There were two cousins and both were male. The older one was closest to my age. I wandered into some party where the older cousin was with some other kids. He sees me and is drawn to me. Everyone is wondering who I am and then the scene jumps.

Now I am at this cousin's house and apparently he has died somehow. I think it was an accidental death but he was quite young when it happened. The mother, my aunt, is quite pretty with curly shoulder length blonde hair parted in the middle. She greets me warmly and we are in her dead son's room. She is telling me about the first time her son, Frankie, met me and how he had such a crush on me. We hadn't grown up near each other, so it was confusing to him because I didn't feel like family in the same sense as family who grow up knowing their cousins. She said, "He was so attracted to you and didn't understand why he couldn't be with you. He was so drawn to you even after I tried to explain to him why and how babies from two first cousins often come out with genetic issues." I remember thinking that I was also attracted to Frankie but understood that first cousins being together wasn't a good idea.

I ended up laying in his bed for awhile, sleeping. I couldn't seem to wake myself up when the younger brother was trying to talk to me.

I remember a weird scene where I felt a pain at the bottom of my center breastbone where the bone stops. I looked down and saw something under the skin. It turned out it was a deflated white balloon and had somehow entered my body and migrated into that location. I worked to see if I could shift it under the skin and move it somewhere else. Somehow the skin seemed to thin and the balloon just came out.

I was getting ready to leave and I looked around Frankie's room. It was still exactly how he left it when he died. I thought how it kind of wanted to take something of his as a keepsake, but didn't know if I should. I could feel myself coming out of the dream. I lingered in the in-between thinking about Frankie. I saw myself pick of a medium sized folding knife from his desk and take it with me. I woke up at that point.

November 11, 2021


No comments:

Post a Comment