Thursday, May 3, 2018

The Alice Manifesto, Staying Open

Mrs White Photoart
The Alice Manifesto

Goal: Go home

• Remember who you really are

  Find your way back to 
  you. You are not the 
  character you are 
  currently performing nor 
  the many characters you 
  have performed during 
  the game. Find out who 
  the player is at the core.

• Stay open

  Any fixed ideas of how 
  you think things should 
  be or will be can 
  keep you from your goal.

• Thoughts create

   Fantasies lead us further 
   away from going home 
   when we fall in love with 
   our creations.

• Let go

  Any attachments to 
  anything and anyone 
  within this reality will 
  keep you here.

• Follow the Right Rabbit

  People (and bunnies) 
  aren't always what they 
  seem to be. Sometimes 
  our inner compass gets 
  thrown off. Recalibrate. 
  Stay on the path that 
  takes you home.

• Never give up

  No matter how many 
  dead ends you come to, 
  don't stop trying to find 
  your way out of the maze. 
  Some corridors will take 
  you further to the exit 
  than others. Don't get 
  discouraged. 

• Fear nothing

• Anything is possible.

By Oktobre Taylor
Written April 19, 2018

I wrote the above as a reminder to myself and I find myself repeating at least one of those points to myself daily.

We start these spiritual journeys and are eager to recognize the signs and syncs we are given. We are eager to follow their guidance and the guidance from our guides on the other side. We put them all together and have to try to decipher what it all means. And once we decide on a direction, it can be difficult to leave that path because we are so convinced this is where our information has led us.

"Stay open, Alice," I tell myself.

My guidance led me to Deryck Whibley from Sum 41. For four years I hung around that community because of information that I felt guided me there. I had this idea of who he was to me on a soul level...family. When you think someone is family, you stick it out and endure the bumps and bruises so that you can wake them up to help them start their own journey and remember who they really are and who we are to them.

My time in the Sum 41 community was far from easy. I'm not like other people, but that difference seemed more pronounced within that specific community and sometimes people were cruel, but I endured and continued. I even continued when Deryck stopped talking to me completely. For four years I tried to do what I felt my guides were asking of me until I could endure no more.

During the third year of trying to reach Deryck, I was thrown a curve ball with new information coming in that pointed me to Laura Jane Grace from Against Me! I struggled with this information because it confused me. I thought I knew with complete certainty that Deryck was the path I was supposed to be traveling even though I was exhausted and wanted to give up. Trying to communicate and connect with him had become a habit. Letting go was difficult and painful.

I have only spent a little over a year trying to reach Laura Jane Grace and that path has resembled a mountain road with giant potholes where you fear you could break an axle. It might lead to the most amazing waterfall you have ever seen, but you think there is a strong possibility you might die just trying to get there. The time invested has been shorter with her, but I have been getting clear information pointing me in another new direction now. I don't actually think she likes me very much, so she will likely hardly notice me wandering away to graze in other pastures and explore other rabbit holes.

Photo by Mrs White Photoart

Here I am again having to tell myself, "Stay open to new possibilities, Alice. Let go and stay open."

I have thought so many things about where this was all heading and had to let all of that go when it was obvious it was going nowhere. I was not only a little annoyed, I was pissed off to have to rearrange my puzzle pieces and try to understand where it is all actually heading. I had hoped my efforts would lead to some sort of job so I could become independent and still raise my daughter the way I feel is best, but with each time I had to let go and head in a new direction, it meant I was still a bird in a cage and, seemingly, no closer to freedom. It has been frustrating. Sometimes all I can do is cry. Sometimes I utter profanities at my guides in my head. But most importantly, I have tried to look to see what I have learned and gained from the experiences.

When I look back, I can see how much I have learned about me by trying to reach both of them. I feel I learned infinitely more during my time with Deryck, but maybe that is simply because I had so much more growing to do and I spent much more time there. I can look at both people and find deep love and gratitude in my heart for them.

We have to follow the guidance we are given and sometimes that means we have to let go of what we thought would be in order to stay open to the possibilities that are trying to make their way to us. Moving forward is essential so that we aren't chasing our own tails in endless circles. Circles are a lovely shape but sometimes we need to stop biting our own tail and look ahead if we actually want to get anywhere.

The truth is, I no longer completely know what I am supposed to be doing or where any of it is leading me. I do believe it is leading somewhere, I am just not clear about what that destination is at this point. Ultimately, I hope it leads to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment