Sunday, July 6, 2014

Music Phases

I am sure we all go through phases in what we like listening to.  Sometimes we go through phases of liking something a lot and listening to it frequently and then one day we just don't have interest anymore.  And then there are others that are just timeless and I will never tire of.  As part of my effort to purge my life of a good portion of my accumulated stuff, I am sorting through my CDs and deciding which to keep and which to take into Everyday Music.  The Jewel CDs I used to love now have to go.  My Sarah Brightman collection I am completely over and many others I won't bother to mention.  So long.  Thank you for your songs when they resonated at a specific point and time.  Time to move on.  My keepers...Billie Holiday and Jimmy Scott CDs are keepers...anything NIN is a keeper.  My Foo Fighter and Duran Duran CDs I am keeping.  Tricky made it to my keep pile.  Soundgarden, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Audioslave...keep.  My music taste is eclectic to say the least.  I ADORE my 'Oh Brother Where Art Thou' soundtrack.  The Crow movie soundtrack and score are also well loved.  One album I listened to last night that hadn't been played for a while was "The Bali Sessions"  It is so different and yet it really hit the spot last night.  There are three discs and at the end of the second one there is a chanting that sounds rather like this:


 
Here are some tracks from the CD:

 


 
The Sacred Spirit Volume 1 CD is the only thing I could stand listening to when I was in labor with Inara.  It is definitely a keeper.
 
Video Link

Current new favorites at the moment are Lana Del Rey and Sum 41.  Some Sum 41 fan will probably come along and GASP because I dared mention Sum 41 in the same sentence as Lana Del Rey .  Hahahaha  Deal with it.  She just does something to me.  I love her music.  Sum 41's Screaming Bloody Murder album I can't stop listening to.  I like the other albums, but there is just something about that one that keeps me going back to it.

What music are you currently listening to and what music did you used to love but are kind of over now?