Sunday, July 27, 2014

Dreams, Oracles, Astral Projection, Lucid Dreaming

Naoto Hattori - Genetic Creator
I have always had lots of dreams.  The truth is, many of my early dreams I considered nightmares.  It got to the point where I just didn't want to sleep anymore because of where I would end up in my sleep.  Back then I had no idea what sleep paralysis was and it scared the shit out of me.  I didn't know what lucid dreaming was either.  Had I had someone to explain what some of this stuff was, perhaps I wouldn't have fought it and thought it so awful.  Let's get a few definitions out of the way for those who might come here and say, "Well what is lucid dreaming?  What is astral projection?  What is sleep paralysis?"

Sleep Paralysis : a complete temporary paralysis occurring in connection with sleep and especially upon waking


Lucid Dreaming
: a dream state in which one is conscious enough to recognize that one is in the dream state and which stays in one's memory


Astral Projection
: the act of separating the astral body (spirit or consciousness) from the physical body and its journey into the universe


Oracle
1
a
:  a person (as a priestess of ancient Greece) through whom a deity is believed to speak
b :  a shrine in which a deity reveals hidden knowledge or the divine purpose through such a person
c :  an answer or decision given by an oracle
2
a :  a person giving wise or authoritative decisions or opinions
b :  an authoritative or wise expression or answer

I really became addicted to coffee back in my late teens when I was trying to sleep as little as possible because I didn't want to dream.  I feared sleep.  I stayed awake as much as possible.  I would wake inside of a dream.  I could hear everything that was happening in the room but I could do nothing to wake my body.  I would scream inside my head, "WAKE UP!!!" and yet I couldn't wake no matter how hard I tried.  At times people would say they heard me whimpering in my sleep and I told them if they hear that in the future to please wake me up because chances are good I am trying to wake up but can't.  Back then I was still very brainwashed in my rigid christian beliefs, so I actually believed that whatever was happening to me was sinister and evil.  Again, I wish I had someone to help me understand so that I could take advantage of that gift I was given instead of being afraid of it and trying to run from it.

Fast forward to now, I understand so much more.  I understand what lucid dreaming is and have actually tried to deliberately induce astral projection and lucid dreaming.  It doesn't come easily to me now like it used to when I was younger and trying to fight it.

Many nights I have lots of dreams.  A fourth of the time, they are just disjointed musings of my subconscious mind.  But the other three-fourths of the time they are VERY meaningful.  Those dreams I have tried to record in a journal.  Some of the meaningful dreams are prophetic.  Some of them are warnings like the time I dreamed of my younger brother rolling his car and dying.  I told him of my concerns for his well being.  His girlfriend at the time had a similar dream and also warned him.  I begged him to wear his seat belt at least for the next week as normally he refused to wear one.  Later that week he rolled his car and his life was spared because he took our warnings seriously and wore a seat belt.  Some of my other dreams tell me about my own future and are guidance. 

Sometimes...no actually many times, I have visitations from spirits in my dreams giving me messages or just having a lovely interaction with me.  Last night was filled with dreams and messages and a lovely visitation from a certain being I have been missing dearly.  This time he appeared as a beautiful Asian man with long hair.  Thanks, Kenji, for that visual in your old photo. lol  It definitely wasn't you though because he had a different face and was a musician.  I could smell his hair and commented on how it smelled nice.  I could feel his touch and his lips on mine.  When you touch and smell or taste in dreams, it is a pretty good indicator that it is no ordinary dream...that you are, in fact, in the astral having a very real experience outside of the body.

You see, what many people don't understand is that when we sleep, the majority of us leave our bodies and go off to play.  What you think is "just a dream" could be an actual experience.  Sometimes those experiences are created to guide us.  Sometimes they are created just because we miss someone and we have sought each other out to spend time with each other while in the astral.  Some people do incredible work while their body sleeps.  Apparently I have visited other people's dreams but often have no memory of it.  Some people only hover just above their bodies and others take off on wonderful adventures.  I have managed to astral project on purpose, but I can't seem to maintain it for very long.  It feels like seconds.  I can get to that familiar vibratory state and then feel the lift of my spirit out of my body, but often my human thinking gets in the way and I get sucked back into my body and wake.

So next time you have a dream, ask yourself what meaning it has to you and your life.  Ask yourself if it was really "just a dream".  Chances are pretty good that it has significant meaning to you and huge clues and advice for your life.  Maybe consider starting a dream journal and looking back now and then to understand what the "dreams" might be trying to show you.  And if you come across someone who loves you and feels real...hug them close and enjoy the moment.